All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

FollowersFollowers: 0
BookmarksBookmarks: 0
Views: 431

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Past Present and Future of UI-tat
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

in the past the design was inspired by a great author named Mazzle, a while back it advanced into a form then called ArkiveUI, after some time he lost the interest in the game or the ability to progress further with the upkeep, so, i answered his call and took on the project.

after a while i had changed it in such a way that i though the name needed a rework also,(along with some clever coding). now we find today's version, my version

UI-TAT

now many people worry that this add-on pack may die out, but i assure you, i have no interest in discontinuing this pack, i will upkeep it till the end. or, when i find that i am 100% satisfied with the outcome of Project Darenjata. and that is the future of UI-tat.

completely non-dependant on other outside addons, with the same look feel and taste of the current UI-tat.
look forward to the updates on the Project Darenjata Forums in this site.

Post subject: Re: Past Present and Future of UI-tat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:18 pm 

As a long-time user of ArkiveUI, I was very pleased to see the look and feel of the compilation be carried forward with UI-tat. By the time ArkiveUI had reached end-of-life, it was 43MB in size. It contained as it were, "everything but the kitchen sink", and made for some pretty long load times, depending on your machine. UI-tat by comparison, is only 27MB in size, does pretty much everything ArkiveUI did, and takes less time to load up. There was very little issue for me moving from ArkiveUI to UI-tat; it was a natural transition. Both compilations have a small core & a lot of external addons that make keeping things updated & playing nice with each other a bit of a chore for the compilation manager, especially in the aftermath of a patch or expansion from Blizzard. I personally look forward to the future, which will bring us the next generation of this UI present itself as a self-contained, tightly coded, fully integrated UI that will be significantly smaller in size, which of course will mean faster load times for those of us with older machines.

--SD--